REPORT TO: Director of Maintenance
Performs housekeeping and laundry functions throughout the community in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as apartment homes, common areas, lounges and offices.
• Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and stairways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners. Rotates runners in hallways and entryways.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
• Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamps, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
• Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, wood work, window frames and sills.
• Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
• Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
• Responsible for collecting, cleaning and redistributing the community laundry.
• Responsible for maintaining the commercial laundry in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
• Ensures cleaning chemicals are kept stored and locked when not in use.
• Ensures any cords, carts, equipment and other hazards are kept out of the way at all times, not blocking exits and in compliance with fire codes.
• Reports any needed repairs and supply and equipment needs to the Lead Housekeeper.
Must also test smoke detectors in residents room monthly and report all findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
• Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
• Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Competent in organizational, time management skills.
• Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision.
• Works primarily indoors & outdoors in a climate-controlled setting.
• Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
• Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
• Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this position description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, the employer reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the position or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by the employer.
I understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek. I also understand that this position description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will Team Member. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the employer has a similar right.
Team Member’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages prospective Team Members and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)