Title: Resident Assistant – Certified Nursing Assistant
REPORT TO: Supervisor & Director of Nursing
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for providing assistance to the professional staff. Delivers direct care to residents (bathing, toileting, feeding, grooming, etc.) as directed by the RN or LPN in charge. Always maintains resident comfort and safety. Follows all departmental policies and procedures as well as safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Bathe and dress residents
• Serve meals and help residents eat
• Assist residents with Activities of Daily living (ADLs)by serving meals, feeding as necessary, ambulating and providing assistance as needed
• Take vital signs
• Turn or reposition residents needing assistance
• Collect information and documents actions about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses and doctors
• Provide and empty bedpans
• Lift, with assistance, residents into beds, wheelchairs, etc.
• Answer resident calls
• Examine residents for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds
• Clean and sanitize resident areas
• Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to evenings, weekends and Holidays with or without advanced notice as needed
• Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
• Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential
• Serves and protects the community by adhering to professional standards, company policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and AHCA standards. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining licensure.
Enhances nursing department and community reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• One year of experience as a CNA
• Current and unrestricted CNA license
• Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA, and other state regulatory agencies relevant to healthcare services
• Ability to pass Level ll background screen
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, regulations and procedure manuals.
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
o Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
o Ability to handle multiple priorities.
o Competent in organizational, time management skills.
o Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision.
• Works primarily indoors & outdoors in a climate-controlled setting and not a climate- controlled setting.
• Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
• Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
• Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)