Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
REPORT TO: Director of Nursing
This position is responsible for the supervision and assistance of the resident’s ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) and monitors it to ensure their health and well- being. Responsibilities include the administration and supervision of medication or personal care services provided by the LPN in compliance with Federal and State regulations and Suntree Senior Living Management’s policy and procedures.
Required to perform Medication administration in memory care unit and on as needed basis within the entire community, per AHCA guidelines and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- May be responsible for the admissions of new resident to include all admission assessments and documentation
- May be responsible for clinical system tracking
- Provides general consultation regarding health-related concerns within the community
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and Holidays as needed
- Notifies physicians and/or family members of any change in resident’s health and provides proper documentation
- Responds quickly to all emergencies
- Maintains close communication with all departments and staff members
- Provides educational meetings for residents and staff
- Maintain confidentiality of residents’ and prospective residents’ information
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Suntree Senior Living Management, LLC
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The ability to communicate effectively with all residents, team members and families in a professional, respectful manner
- LPN/RN License unrestricted and current
- 1-year experience in Assisted Living/Skilled Care
- Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA, and other state regulatory agencies relevant to healthcare services
- Ability to pass Level ll background
Educational Requirements and Experience:
Must have current LPN/RN License unrestricted and current
Must have minimum 1-year experience in Assisted Living/Skilled Nursing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, regulations and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to Assisted Living
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs
- Supports organization's goals and values
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision
- Works primarily indoors & outdoors in a climate-controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)