Title: Maintenance Assistant
REPORT TO: Director of Maintenance
Responsible for executing maintenance requests by diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition and appearance of the community according to operating and safety standards; ensure that service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
o To assist Maintenance Director in all aspects of repairing problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features and waste management systems.
o Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
o Perform turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartments are rent ready in a timely manner.
o Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
o Apply all applicable Chateau Madeleine Assisted Living Communities’ Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
o Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations, building codes and environmental laws and regulations.
o Assist the Maintenance Director with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
o Support housekeeping and cover open shifts as needed.
o May perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, with a willingness to learn required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- o Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- o Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- o Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- o Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- o Able to be tactful; maintains confidences and fosters an ethical work environment; prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers; gives proper credit to others; handles all situations honestly.
- o Able to keep an open mind and change opinions based on new information; performs a variety tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task to task; adapts to varying customer needs.
- o Ability to be on-call as required by work schedule.
- o Able to multi-task competing priorities and perform in fast paced working environment.
- o Performs duties with a sense of urgency with a high level of accuracy.
- o Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- o Ability to lift and/or move with assistance over 50lbs.
- Works primarily indoors & outdoors in a climate-controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, feel and reach. The Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)