REPORT TO: Dining Manager & Director of Dining Services
Waitperson who strives to please our residents and guests at every dining event. Will present a variety of menu options to our customers daily. Advising on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answering questions. Taking orders and delivering them to the table deftly and accurately. Ultimately you should be able to ensure customer satisfaction and augment our establishment’s reputation.
Position includes a variety of tasks associated with working in a restaurant environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Show customers to their seats and present our variety of menu options
- Advise on the best food and drink choices for each customer
- Answers questions and resolves issues
- Has a “Can Do” attitude
- Take orders and deliver them to the table deftly and accurately
- Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
- Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues
- Work with other staff as a team
- Work diligently to achieve outstanding service quality
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains exceptional standards in cleanliness and service
- Weekend availability is required
- The ability to communicate effectively with all residents, team members and families in a professional, respectful manner
- Prior experience is not required, but strongly preferred
- Ability to pass Level ll background screen
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and Holidays
Educational Requirements and Experience:
No educational or experience requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, regulations and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs
- Supports organization's goals and values
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Ability to use electronic devices for order taking and other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Works primarily indoors & outdoors in a climate-controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)