TITLE: Cook and Kitchen Staff
REPORT TO: Executive Chef
Prepares food that meets or exceeds hospitality and service standards of the community. Prepares all foods to meet quantity and deadline requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares food items using standardized recipes in a timely manner.
- Determines food and supplies needed and coordinates meal production with serving hours.
- Monitors all food items to see that at least the minimum guidelines for temperature, taste, and quality are upheld at all times.
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods as indicated on the menu cycle and standardized recipes. Tastes and prepares food to determine quality.
- Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness, hygiene, and health standards.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Oversees food storage; checks labels and dates.
- Completes cleaning duties.
- Follows all local, state, and federal policies regarding food handling.
- Assists with proper documentation of temperature logs and cleaning schedules.
- Maintains food safety equipment records and food safety temperature records.
- Ability to pass a Level ll background screen and maintain a level ll background screen.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year job related experience including food preparation and full-line menu items.
- Culinary apprenticeship or training preferred.
- Food Services Sanitation Certificate.
- Experience based on position applying for
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Works primarily indoors.
- Possible exposure to high heat and cold temperatures.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)