Recreation & Activities Asst. FT for Memory Care
Activities and Recreation Assistant has the primary responsibility to oversee the quality of life for resident engagement. Activities and Recreation Assistant serves to ensure residents are engaged in appropriate activities. The Assistant ensures all program expectations are in place and all residents involved have quality of life and are satisfied.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the Recreation & Events Director regarding associates’ and residents’ engagement and quality of life. Participates in annual resident satisfaction survey initiatives and addresses resident complaints and grievances.
- Works with vendors and contractors as needed.
- Participates in the review of individual residents’ service plans and regularly documents progress.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies, using independent judgment for “in the moment” decisions, calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to the established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes, etc…)
- Ensures that Resident Programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations.
- Assists in planning, development and implementation of creative and exciting Resident Programs to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents within the community as well as through outside trips and events; includes coordination of one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Ensures resident welcome and engagement protocols are in place.
- Through independent judgment and discretion, may assist with the management of the volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and supervising volunteers.
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly calendar of events are followed and inputs as necessary.
- Ensures specialty programs are scheduled.
- Ensures marketing, promoting and communicating materials are of professional quality.
- Maintains community environment (including equipment and supplies)to support whole-person wellness culture for resident engagement.
- May coordinate the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the community.
- May act in supervisory capacity as manager on duty or in the absence of the Director, if assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- One year of related experience
- Experience working with the Senior population
- Ability to pass Level ll background
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, regulations and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to Assisted Living
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs
- Supports organization's goals and values
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision
- Must pass a Level II Background Screen
- Works primarily indoors & outdoors in a climate-controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chateau Madeleine LLC
Company Website: www.suntreeseniorliving.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)